Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's penalty won the German Cup for Borussia Dortmund as they beat Eintracht Frankfurt and ended a run of three final defeats in a ...
The Spain striker scored his side's only goal of the final as they went down to Arsenal, and confessed he was uncertain on his future Diego Costa confirmed his commitment to Chelsea following Saturday's FA Cup final defeat, while admitting he would leave if Antonio Conte wants him to. The Spain international scored the Blues' solitary goal as they went down 2-1 to Arsenal at Wembley. Defeat blew Chelsea's chance of the double, although there is still plenty to celebrate in west London after a memorable season for both the club and Costa. But, despite heading the scoring charts at Stamford Bridge with 21 goals in all competitions, he refused to confirm he would be at Chelsea next season. "I know Chelsea wants to sell players, but I told them, I have two years left in my contract and I won't go somewhere else just because they want so. I will only sign for another club in Europe, they know that. Otherwise I'll stay with my current contract," he ...
Cesc Fabregas has boasted that he'd rather have won the Premier League this season than the FA Cup, hours after losing the final to Arsenal. The ex-Gooner, who impressed en route to Chelsea's Premier League title triumph, was a second-half substitute against his former side as the 10-man Blues were beaten 2-1 at Wembley "It wasn't easy to lose, but it was still a good season," he told reporters in the mixed zone afterwards. "We go home with a bad taste. "But we would prefer to win the Premier League to the FA Cup, so it is still a good season." While Fabregas took no issue with Conte picking Nemanja Matic in midfield, the Spaniard would not be drawn into a definitive answer on his long-term future amid summer transfer talk. "It is between Conte and me [what he said]," Fabregas added. "I am not upset and I have nothing against Antonio. He has done a fantastic job. "I think I have a very good relationship with him. He...
Ronaldo believes there must be a way through when Madrid and Juve clash on June 3 in Cardiff's Millennium Stadium. "[Juventus] are an excellent team, as they proved by winning both Serie A and Coppa Italia, and they have completed a fabulous campaign in Europe," the Portugal international, 32, told UEFA.com. "They like using tight coverage, like Atletico. "While Juventus certainly have a superb defence, there is always a weak s pot, we need to find out how to attack it."No team has managed to retain the Champions League since it switched to its current format from the European Cup back in 1992-93. But Ronaldo affirmed that if any side is capable it is Real Madrid, who have won the title twice in the last three seasons. "Every player in the dressing room wants to make history. It would be a privilege to be the first team to win consecutive editions of the Champions League," he explained. "We are aware it will be an extremely diffic...
Comments
Post a Comment